"The first website to check for your list of all the most popular webcomics and top new up & coming comics!"
Webcomics ~ Top 100 ~ Reviews ~ List of Webcomics


Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Melonpool?


Melonpool?


Apparently the webcomic Melonpool has been discontinued, in favor of Steve Troop's latest project, "Zero Worship."

Here's excerpts from the blog on Melonpool's official site -- or Zero Worship's official site -- http://www.zeroworship.com/ -- where Melonpool.com now redirects its visitors...
February 08, 2008
"I thought I'd post some thoughts on why I haven't done any new Melonpool's for awhile... it's mainly to give you the best possible ending to the strip. My inspiration is tied up in another project right now and given the amount of time I have for Melonpool, I could probably wrap it up in 4-8 more strips. But, to do the story justice, I should give it about 24 strips. I hate it when endings are rushed, but on the other hand, I'm pretty tired of beating this dead horse.

Regardless of how you look at it, Melonpool is very close to the end -- whether it's 4 installments, 8 installments or 24 -- the end is in sight...

Anyway, toward the end of February, I plan to get back to Melonpool and see it through to the end. Whether that's 4, 8 or 24 strips, remains to be seen, though!"


March 31, 2008
"Welcome to the site formerly known as Melonpool. As you can see, there have been a few changes. I hope you enjoy my new webcomic, 'Zero Worship,' which chronicles the adventures of an eight-year-old boy and the father that tries to convince him that he's a superhero -- even though he's not!

You'll be happy to know that I've finally settled on an update schedule that I think I can manage. I've tried daily. I've tried, weekly. I've even tried monthly. Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy the annual adventures of 'Zero Worship!'"

If you're not familiar with the strip, here's some stuff from the Wikipedia entry for "Melonpool"...

"The storyline centers on a cast of alien misfits and their adventures in space and on Earth. It has been published on the web since April 28th, 1996, making it one of the first webcomics. Regular updates ceased on December 20, 2005, with just one update since (on April 28th, 2006, marking the tenth anniversary). From October 9, 2006 Troop began posting a page a day from two successive 24-hour comics. The comic restarted on the 29th October, 2007.

The comic parodies many popular television shows, movies and other cultural phenomena, such as Back to the Future, Star Trek, Star Wars, The Jetsons, and Gilligan's Island. Although it has a strong story arc, most strips end with a punchline.

The comic was part of the Keenspot collection before Troop became one of the founding members of Blank Label Comics."

-- Wikipedia

An April Fools' Day prank?
Quite possibly... or not.

Time will tell! ;-)


No comments: